This section or article is a Work in Progress and should not yet be relied on as factual or complete.
Assigned to: None
Style Guide for DieselPunk13 Wiki articles
This is just a quick list of general suggestions for wiki editing guidelines,
stolen bastardized from baystation's /vg/'s wiki (all these codebases are an incestuous slurry anyway). This is more of a meta-wiki page than an actual page.
- Whenever possible, properly capitalize links and link names. This fits in better with how the Wiki supports article names at a software level, and proper nouns are supposed to be capitalized anyway.
- Try not to make every reference to a wiki article a link. The first one or two in an article is perfectly sufficient.
- When uploading images, try to use GIF or PNG format, as those are lossless compression formats, unlike JPG because artifacts, and unlike BMP because filesize.
- If you want to upload an image, check first if there is an older version of the image already in the wiki. If there is, update it. That will automatically do everything else for you. And it keeps the wiki tidy.
- Fill out the comment to let people know what you did.
- We try to keep the wiki Sojourn-related. Making things entertaining to read is key, but we don't really need drama and memes everywhere. Save that nonsense for the Discord. Excessive memery should be notified to @Wiki Maintainer/@Wiki Contributor roles for editing.
- Keep on subject. Try to keep articles related to the title. If you feel like you're going off on a tangent, try linking to a new article.
- Add more suggestions here/in Discussion/in Discord
Templates and Categories
Here is a list of all Categories and the important Templates we are using. If you make one, add it to the list (some templates automatically add categories to an article if you use them).
- Categories (Note: Some Categories redirect to a wikipage. To get to the Category, click on the reference below the pagename)
Please read the description in every Category and add it to an article where appropriate.
Contribution Guides & Game Resources
|General||Guide to Setting Up a Server, Downloading the Source Code, Guide to Contributing to the Game, Game Resources category|
|Coding||Basics of Coding in BYOND, SS13 for Experienced Programmers, Binary flags, NanoUI|
|Mapping||Guide to Mapping|
|Spriting||Guide to Spriting|
|Wiki||Guide to Contributing to the Wiki, Style Guide|